Forum Talk: Energy democracy drives just transitions – strategies from across the globe
Energy systems and climate action cannot be left to the market. It’s urgent to transition to energy democracies that are optimal for people and planet. How can public ownership, community control and participatory governance ensure that justice is served? And which forms of collective action will help us get there?
In this webinar we will dive into the biggest challenges to a renewable energy future and best practices from across Europe, South Africa and the Americas. A set of formidable speakers is ready to equip you with concrete handles for building system-wide people power to ensure that those on the frontlines of the climate crisis are the ones driving the energy transition.
Original post from World Forum for Democracy, in collaboration with Transnational Institute and mPOWER
- Forum Talk: Energy democracy drives just transitions – strategies from across the globe
- New research: Urban Energy Transitions in Europe, towards Low-Socio-Environmental Impact Cities
- Peer Learning Materials (coming soon)
- How Mannheim is harnessing social innovation to master the energy transition
- Cork City’s many transitions