Financial innovation, ‘smart grids’ and one-stop shops: Aradippou’s ambitious journey towards net carbon-neutrality
Aradippou is driving an ambitious local energy transition by engaging local actors as well as national and European partners. The municipality aspires to establish one-stop shops that provide comprehensive solutions for homeowners, encouraging them to engage in upscaling renewable energy projects and increasing energy efficiency. The municipal projects also aim to unleash financial and technological capacity to establish a ‘smart grid’. Involvement in various European projects is allowing the city to access European funds and partnerships which will equip it to reach net carbon-neutrality by 2030.
- Market failures and public ownership options in the European municipal energy transition
- How Križevci’s residents created Croatia’s first crowdfunded solar power plant
- Nottingham’s plan to win the race to carbon-neutrality
- Rijeka: The energy transition of Croatia’s seaport
- Public-public partnerships and deep energy retrofits: The case of Porto Region