Financial innovation, ‘smart grids’ and one-stop shops: Aradippou’s ambitious journey towards net carbon-neutrality
Aradippou is driving an ambitious local energy transition by engaging local actors as well as national and European partners. The municipality aspires to establish one-stop shops that provide comprehensive solutions for homeowners, encouraging them to engage in upscaling renewable energy projects and increasing energy efficiency. The municipal projects also aim to unleash financial and technological capacity to establish a ‘smart grid’. Involvement in various European projects is allowing the city to access European funds and partnerships which will equip it to reach net carbon-neutrality by 2030.
- The local energy agency and support for self-consumption drive energy transition in Pamplona
- Frankfurt’s energy transition: Passive houses, a CO2 budget, and an app to collect residents’ ideas
- European Cities in the Energy Transition: A Preliminary Analysis of 27 Cities
- Barcelona Energía: public power to tackle energy poverty and achieve energy sovereignty
- The ‘smart’ transformation of a Black Sea metropolis