Barcelona Energía: public power to tackle energy poverty and achieve energy sovereignty
The Barcelona Energy Agency (AEB) is a public consortium that consists of a number of authorities that are directly involved in managing energy and the environment: Barcelona City Council, Barcelona Metropolitan Area, the Catalan Energy Institute, the Autonomous University of Barcelona and the Polytechnic University of Catalonia. AEB aims to boost the city’s reputation as a benchmark city in terms of promoting energy saving and energy efficiency, and enhancing knowledge about and the use of renewable energy.
- Komotini’s plans for a climate-friendly future
- Litoměřice: Two decades of working towards a just transition in the Czech Republic
- New ways for the energy transition – the Viennese approach
- A democratic transition to renewable energy in Cádiz
- The local energy agency and support for self-consumption drive energy transition in Pamplona