Barcelona Energía: public power to tackle energy poverty and achieve energy sovereignty
The Barcelona Energy Agency (AEB) is a public consortium that consists of a number of authorities that are directly involved in managing energy and the environment: Barcelona City Council, Barcelona Metropolitan Area, the Catalan Energy Institute, the Autonomous University of Barcelona and the Polytechnic University of Catalonia. AEB aims to boost the city’s reputation as a benchmark city in terms of promoting energy saving and energy efficiency, and enhancing knowledge about and the use of renewable energy.
- Barcelona Energía: public power to tackle energy poverty and achieve energy sovereignty
- The ‘smart’ transformation of a Black Sea metropolis
- Financial innovation, ‘smart grids’ and one-stop shops: Aradippou’s ambitious journey towards net carbon-neutrality
- “There were evenings when we almost gave up.”
- Amsterdam empowers citizens to co-create a sustainable city of the future