Empowering local communities through partnership in Meath
Community spirit has always been strong in Ireland; from pre-electrification days where farmers would help each other bring in the harvest to modern times where communities work together to create a cleaner, greener environment under such initiatives as ‘Tidy Towns’. Most recently, during Covid-19, this community spirit and willingness to help has drawn citizens together to support each other and protect the most vulnerable in society. Likewise, any energy transition and climate action must practise justice and inclusivity, to include everyone on this journey.
- Rochdale’s journey to net zero 2020-38
- The Drechtsteden: moving away from fossil gas and involving residents in the process
- “Cuando algo es bueno, llévalo a tu propio ayuntamiento”.
- Almada: on the way to becoming a low-carbon role model
- Municipalities in southern Italy join forces with citizens to tackle climate change