Local Energy Communities: Key findings from mPOWER Exchange
Throughout 2019 two mPower Exchange peer groups explored the topic of local energy communities, starting simply from the questions: What exactly are energy communities? And what added value might they bring to the local energy transition and the work being done by public authorities? Following that we explored how municipalities can enable the development of energy communities and what forms partnerships can take. In both groups this included a special exploration into how local authorities might be able to initiate an energy community for the cities where these would be the first.
- Forum Talk: Energy democracy drives just transitions – strategies from across the globe
- New research: Urban Energy Transitions in Europe, towards Low-Socio-Environmental Impact Cities
- Peer Learning Materials (coming soon)
- How Mannheim is harnessing social innovation to master the energy transition
- Cork City’s many transitions