Barcelona Energía: public power to tackle energy poverty and achieve energy sovereignty
The Barcelona Energy Agency (AEB) is a public consortium that consists of a number of authorities that are directly involved in managing energy and the environment: Barcelona City Council, Barcelona Metropolitan Area, the Catalan Energy Institute, the Autonomous University of Barcelona and the Polytechnic University of Catalonia. AEB aims to boost the city’s reputation as a benchmark city in terms of promoting energy saving and energy efficiency, and enhancing knowledge about and the use of renewable energy.
The ‘smart’ transformation of a Black Sea metropolis
Burgas has recently been named the ‘Best city to live in Bulgaria’ – which may just have something to do with its strategy of transforming itself into a climate-friendly city without leaving any of its residents behind. The implementation of the municipality’s action plan 2014-2020, designed to set Burgas on a path towards becoming an inclusive ‘smart’ metropolis, has already changed the face of the city’s residential buildings and upgraded its transport system.
- Komotini’s plans for a climate-friendly future
- Litoměřice: Two decades of working towards a just transition in the Czech Republic
- New ways for the energy transition – the Viennese approach
- A democratic transition to renewable energy in Cádiz
- The local energy agency and support for self-consumption drive energy transition in Pamplona