The ‘smart’ transformation of a Black Sea metropolis
Burgas has recently been named the ‘Best city to live in Bulgaria’ – which may just have something to do with its strategy of transforming itself into a climate-friendly city without leaving any of its residents behind. The implementation of the municipality’s action plan 2014-2020, designed to set Burgas on a path towards becoming an inclusive ‘smart’ metropolis, has already changed the face of the city’s residential buildings and upgraded its transport system.
- The local energy agency and support for self-consumption drive energy transition in Pamplona
- Frankfurt’s energy transition: Passive houses, a CO2 budget, and an app to collect residents’ ideas
- European Cities in the Energy Transition: A Preliminary Analysis of 27 Cities
- Barcelona Energía: public power to tackle energy poverty and achieve energy sovereignty
- The ‘smart’ transformation of a Black Sea metropolis