Tampere: engaging housing co-ops and residents in the drive towards carbon neutrality
Tampere has always pioneered sustainable technologies in Finland and is using this experience to drive forward an ambitious programme to become carbon-neutral by 2030. Due to the high levels of heating required in this cool region, the city engages a variety of stakeholders to renovate residential buildings to improve energy efficiency, among other actions. These measures are already bearing fruit and moving the city closer to achieving its goal.
- Rochdale’s journey to net zero 2020-38
- The Drechtsteden: moving away from fossil gas and involving residents in the process
- “Cuando algo es bueno, llévalo a tu propio ayuntamiento”.
- Almada: on the way to becoming a low-carbon role model
- Municipalities in southern Italy join forces with citizens to tackle climate change