How a rural Dutch town is working towards sustainability
The municipality of Horst aan de Maas is situated in south-eastern Netherlands, close to the German border. In 2020 it adopted a new local sustainability policy with four main goals: Horst aan de Maas aims to be a fully climate neutral, climate proof, circular and nature-friendly town by 2050.
- Forum Talk: Energy democracy drives just transitions – strategies from across the globe
- New research: Urban Energy Transitions in Europe, towards Low-Socio-Environmental Impact Cities
- Peer Learning Materials (coming soon)
- How Mannheim is harnessing social innovation to master the energy transition
- Cork City’s many transitions