Plymouth Energy Community: A story about energy transition and social justice
By Justin Bear, Plymouth Energy Community To tackle climate change and fight fuel poverty, Plymouth City Council worked in collaboration with the local community to establish the Plymouth Energy Community (PEC). This organization, owned by the community and run for the community, seeks to increase…
Learning about citizen-led approaches to municipal retrofit – mPower goes to Plymouth
Authored by Laura Williams, Carbon Co-op Carbon Co-op are a partner of mPower, a European-wide project to facilitate peer learning between municipalities interested in developing citizen-focused energy projects and services. As part of our work, this month we organised a study visit to Plymouth for the…
Remunicipalisation: yes you can!
Be inspired by remunicipalisation initiatives all over Europe Authored by Beatrice Karas, Energy Cities Inspired by remunicipalisation initiatives all over Europe, an increasing number of local authorities are expanding their role, not just by acting as planners but by operating their own companies and driving…
Fair, Clean and Democratic Energy: mPOWER meets Municipalize Europe!
On 6 November, Barcelona En Comú, the Transnational Institute (TNI) and Corporate Europe Observatory (CEO) will host the Municipalize Europe! event, which is an opportunity to explore the agenda of transformative towns and cities towards the 2019 European elections. The event will see the presentation…
- Barcelona Energía: public power to tackle energy poverty and achieve energy sovereignty
- The ‘smart’ transformation of a Black Sea metropolis
- Financial innovation, ‘smart grids’ and one-stop shops: Aradippou’s ambitious journey towards net carbon-neutrality
- “There were evenings when we almost gave up.”
- Amsterdam empowers citizens to co-create a sustainable city of the future